Sunday, November 29, 2009

She Who Prays

Today is my birthday ... another year gone!  And another yet to come!

I got a gift I love from two people who love me and I'll share a favorite prayer from this lovely book called She Who Prays: A Woman's Interfaith Prayer Book by Jane Richardson Jensen and Patricia Harris-Watkins.  This prayer is the Collect for Morning (p 14) on the Day of the Sun and I offer it in the wee hours of my birthday morn ...

Morning Star, as the sun moves through the heavens, night becomes day.  As the Spirit moves through the world, the dusks and the dawns of life become holy ground.  May I feel the sparkle of your radiance so deeply within, that I am able to live fully into this day.  Let my spirit play in your presence, regardless of what transpires.  For I pray in the name of the Sacred Three.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment