Wednesday, March 12, 2014

One Lone Bird

One lone bird sitting in a barren tree
singing full, singing sweet, singing loud
singing only half a whole love song

In heaven she waits for her one true love
Longing for his presence, his gentle embrace
How long she wonders, will I wait?
"patiently I sit, patiently I wait"

She sings with only the echo of their love
To keep her warm in the celestial field
"I love you. I love you. I love you."
 She sings ... full ... sweet ... loud

And earth smiles as the melody of her love
falls like snowy petals from a Japanese Pear Tree
Covering his frail form with tears and kisses

He dreams of her and she longs for him
as the other half of their heavenly love song forms in his heart
patiently he sits, patiently he waits

©2014 Cindy Serio
written at Cristus St. Michael's Hospital at my father’s bedside
photo of "one lone bird" who greeted me in the parking lot as I left the evening before ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment