Thursday, August 27, 2009

Poor Poor Limb What is Your Story?

I prayed with nature today ...

I searched and I looked and I finally found a suitable prayer partner ...


Poor Poor limb
What is your story?
Where have you been and
Where are you going?
Very beautiful you are dear one
Yet even I see that you're covered
with parasites grey.
Is that why you fell straight to the ground?
Too much they are for you to hold.
What were your hopes before you were invaded?
Did you cling to your dear Mother Tree?
Did you dream of growing out and reaching up
to Father Sun warm and bright?
What fun did you have with your
big brothers branch and your
sweet sister leaves?
How many did you lose before you gave up too?
And became my Poor Poor Limb ...
© 2009 Cindy Foster Serio

God of all Creation, thank you for my poor poor limb and the lessons of nature she taught me! As I held her and stroked her and gazed at her ... I heard her gently whisper ... God is Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment