Thursday, January 7, 2010

The God-Mother of Creativity

Ah, dear ones ... I cannot leave you with visions of murder in your minds!  The second part of the exercise from Julia Cameron's Vein of Gold is to "celebrate a creative champion."  These are the voices that encourage us and help us to see ourselves as our Creator sees us, made in the beautiful image of God.  These creative champions nurture our inner child through all of the ups and downs of life and help us reach our potential.  As I close my eyes to begin the creative process I think this story will be more sweet than funny ...

As my final encounter with the Emotion Policewoman left me exhausted I fell into a deep sleep and the cartoonish fantasyland transformed itself into dreamland as I slept ... and slept and slept some more.  It takes a long time to create dreamland with silk and gossamer strands into a sparkling scene.  Crystal clear splashes of living water dot the landscape of greenery and flowers of all different colors.

The gentle sound of the native american flute floats into my consciousness and I wake and rise to sway back and forth in the gentle breeze like a reed that bends but does not break.  Light floods my mind and I feel ... I feel!

Suddenly I am filled with a warmth I've not felt before and a hear a willowy whisper ... "How do you feel?"  O I feel ... understood.  I look for the voice but all I can see is the bright shining light of the sun ... the radiant rays dancing on the surface of the pools of water.  Who are you?  I am your God-Mother, dear one and I understand you. 

As I walk through the flowers, I feel her presence with me.  As I pause from my wandering and take a deep breath the light envelops me ... "How do you feel?  O I feel loved.  Where are you, God-Mother?  I am here, dear one and I love you.

Basking in the light of this strange and amazing love, I reach down to touch the velvety petals of sparkling pink flowers and marvel at their perfection.  She reaches out to embrace my being and I find strange desires welling up from within.  How do you feel?  O I feel like writing.  Why do I feel like writing, God-Mother?   Ahhhh ... because I created you to be a great writer and I have filled you with curiosity and a sense of wonder.  

It is so peaceful in dreamland!

No comments:

Post a Comment